Thursday 5 December 2013

The Digital Music Revolution



The Digital Music Revolution

 

Vocabulary

Download - to copy data from a large computer system/ internet to a smaller computer

Plummet - to suddenly and rapidly decrease in value or amount

Royalties - payment made to the writer of a book or song as a percentage of actual sales

Sample – to try a part of something to see what it is like

Mainstream – the beliefs and attitudes that characterize the usual way of doing something.

Gets to grips – to understand and deal with a difficult situation

 

1.       Why illegal downloading has become common?

Downloading music has become really popular because since late nineties it has been really easier and possible to download the music and it is also cheaper to download music instead of purchasing the music.

2.       The case against illegal downloading of music ?

Downloading music for free is illegal because people have job to make music to earn money and when we illegally download music instead of purchasing it, we’re putting the music industry’s jobs on risk.

3.       How the music industry is fighting back?

The music industry is beginning to fight back with a business strategy that deal with the demand for downloadable music  

4.       Do you think people who download music illegally should be prosecuted?

I think it is not right that some people purchase music while other just download music for free, so as of my opinion I think people who downloads music illegally should be prosecuted

5.       Do you think CD sales have fallen because of illegally downloading?

Yes I think CD sales have fallen because of illegally downloading because nowadays more people downloads music illegally instead of purchasing, therefore they are less CD being sold

6.       How do you think most people will buy music in the future?

I think most people will download music in the future because nowadays it is so easy to download music and cheaper.

7.       Do you agree that in the future high-street music stores will no longer exist?

       Yes, I agree that in future the music store will no longer exist because few people will purchase          the CD, most people will download music

8.       Have you ever paid money to download music from a commercial site

I have always download music on site where is free, I have never knew that downloading music is illegal

9.       Is music important in your life? Have you tastes in music changed over the years?

Yes music is really important in my life, it helps me to study better and at a fast pace. Music also helps me to be calm and relax and free of stress. My music has really changed over a couple of months before I used to like sad music but now I like entertainment music.

No comments:

Post a Comment